Dispatch from Jen Abroad
I have added a few pics down below from my trip. Jet-lagged for sure, but being here with my older daughter, Mariah, and son-in-law, Nick, is a wonderful treat. As my mind clears I will make notes on the bread and bakery items I encounter. We are already off to a wonderful start in that regard.
I really appreciate the talents of the MWIB Crew back home who are making it possible to keep the bakery open while I am gone–Wonderful Bakery Chefs!
While I am gone here are some contact numbers.
- Susannah- 919-800-1014 email@example.com ( special orders, bakery questions)
- Neil- 828-251-1658 firstname.lastname@example.org (biz and pick-up questions)
Dispatch from Susannah & Kelsey, the MWIB Crew
As Jen is celebrating the longest day of the year in Bath, we (Susannah and Kelsey) are already talking about next week’s offerings, including our respective techniques for making a perfect, pillowy ciabatta. A friendship forged while studying abroad in Paris translates well to this beautiful, sunny bakeshop in Southern Appalachia! Next week, we’ll merge the two worlds by making classic French croissants with local Carolina Ground flour.
This Week’s Offerings
The MWIB uses organically grown flour from Carolina Ground (grown in the region and milled here in Asheville) and Lindley Mills (Graham, NC)
Bread & More
- Oatmeal-Barley Bread– $5/sandwich loaf. Oatmeal bread made with freshly ground barley.
- OWL- Old World Levain– $6/boule or batard. A wild yeast culture leavens this 60% whole wheat bread. Crusty, chewy and aromatic– true, simple, good bread.
- Ciabatta– $5/loaf. Pillowy and crusty ciabatta bread is great dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or makes a super sandwich.
- Croissants (Chocolate and Plain)– $6 for 2 plain or $7 for 2 chocolate. Our flaky hand laminated (from scratch!) croissants are made with buckwheat and wheat flours and european cultured butter.
- Neil’s Granola– $7/20 oz. bag. Maple-sweetened oats with dried fruit, walnuts, almonds and a dash of cinnamon.
- Pizza Dough To-Go– $6/2 lbs. A partial wheat dough that is ready for an easy and delicious weekend pizza party. Enough for several large pizzas or 8+ individual. Freeze what you do not use. Directions included.
Blueberry Tarts, Galettes, Crisps and Pies
- Blueberry Hand Tarts $4/ 4-inch individual
- Blueberry Galette $20 9-inch rustic tart that serves 8.
- Blueberry Crisp or Pie $30 9-inch pie serves 10. Topped with an oatmeal topping or with a lattice crust.
Dynamite Roasting Company Coffee- organic and fair trade
see the order form for varieties of coffee
1 lb. bags- whole bean or ground- specify in the comment section
CUSTOM BAKING TO ORDER
Savory & sweet- special order your favorite breads, pies & tarts…dinner party, birthday, anniversary, wedding desserts, cakes and cupcakes
Tuesday evening, June 24th
Friday, June 27th, 4-6pm
Late orders are most always accepted (please call or e-mail me to let me know)
Besides cash and checks we are also taking credit cards for your convenience